Saturday, March 24, 2007

Webcity's support sucks!

My regular blog mike.brisgeek.com is (or was) hosted by Webcity.

Last Friday evening at about 19:00, my account was suddenly suspended WITHOUT ANY NOTICE. All my clients see is a message that says "This Account Has Been Suspended. Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible."

They offer NO telephone support at all outside 8:30am to 6pm Mon-Fri. Twenty hours ago, I filled out both their online support form and their "Urgent" form. No response yet. Fourteen hours ago, I sent a fax to their fax number. No response yet.

My first opportunity to contact them will be 8:30am Monday, by which time my server will have been down for 60 hours.

Our account payment is up-to-date. We have no idea what has gone wrong and no way of contacting anybody to get it fixed. They are making me look unprofessional. They are going to have to try really hard to get me to recommend them in future.

1 comment:

MikeFitz said...

All's well that ends well.

See the comments at http://mike.brisgeek.com/2007/03/25/dealing-with-webcity-support/